We are excited to announce that an article about our team’s fundraising has been posted in the newspaper Worthing Herald!
Throughout 2018 each member of Consortium took on an individual challenge as well as hosted events to raise money for our chosen charity Sussex Cancer Fund!
Here is a list of our fundraising activities:
- Jo ran 10k in the Brighton Marathon last April, raising £240.
- Then we held a FUNdraising Pub Quiz in May raising £300.
- During June we held a Sussex Cancer Fund Bake off, each member of Consortium baked something, we then sold the cakes during a bake sale and raised £32.
- Lara then took on her challenge of a half iron women. Running in the New Forest marathon, taking part in the London to Brighton Bike ride and finally swimming 1.3 miles. Raising an amazing amount of £1,200.
- During October Kat ran 100 miles in 30 days, raising £370.
- Followed by David who set himself a 7k rowing challenge which he completed in November. Raising £170.
- Finally, in December Ophelia set herself a challenge of running 30 miles before Christmas. Raising £120.
With all of our hard efforts, Consortium raised £2,412 for the charity Sussex Cancer Fund!
Read more in Worthing Herald’s article here…