Busy season is approaching, so why is it important to get you or your business out there and what events should you be seen at?
The benefit of attending industry events or networking is now widely accepted in the business community. For most businesses, the main reason for attending is to raise their company’s profile with the aim of increasing enquiries and converting clients. Industry events and networking are ideal ways to connect with other local businesses, find out about issues and opportunities, and exchange business ideas and best practices. In addition, industry events and networking can help you find new suppliers or business partners. Read our 10 top tips to help you make the most of networking.
What is a list of events over the next few months?
- 8-9th September – SESCA Conference, Reading
- 22nd September – Eastbourne Ladies Lunch Club at Eastbourne College
- 28th September – London Ladies Lunch Club at Gauchos Tower Bridge
- 30th September – Women in Business Awards, London
- 7th October – Lunch with Davina, Southampton
- 12th October – Consortium’s first client roundtable lunch event
- 29th October – Starr Trust Winter Extravaganza, Brighton
- 4th November – Best of British Lunch, London Gatwick.
- 22-23rd November – LegalEx, London
- 24th November – Modern Law Conveyancing Awards, Liverpool
Before and after the event
Firstly, make sure you do your research before you go, find out who is going and connect with them on LinkedIn beforehand, it is a great way to introduce yourself so you have people to talk with at the event. Lastly, the golden rule is to follow up after the event with people you have met. It is common courtesy to write a quick follow-up email after the event to those whose business cards you were given. Yes, we said business cards, they do still exist!
There are loads of things that happen in between so be sure to read our blog for some great pointers.
It would be great to catch up at some of these events, so if you are going, do let us know!