Firstly, what is a Landing Page?
A landing page is any web page that a visitor arrives at on your website. However, when discussing landing pages within the realm of marketing and advertising, it is more common to refer to a landing page as being a solitary web page distinct from your main website and which has been designed for a sole purpose.
This means that your landing page should have no global navigation to tie it to your primary website. The main reason for this is to limit the options available to your visitors, helping to guide them toward your intended conversion goal.
What makes a Landing Page most effective?
Are you ready to create your first landing page, or improve on an existing landing page? Here are some of the most important elements to make sure your landing page is working hard for you:
- Limit Navigation – your targeted traffic has arrived at a page where they can take the action that you set out for them to do. Do not distract them! Try and limit the number of exits from your landing page so that your visitors are focused on filling out your form. The main objective is to hide your website navigation elements on landing pages.
- Deliver Value – if you have a valuable offer, your visitors will give you their contact information in exchange for your offer. Ask yourself if your offer will appeal to your audience and make sure that your landing pages demonstrate that.
- Enable Sharing – tap into a huge community of your best marketers – your audience. It is a good idea to add sharing links to your landing page to try and encourage your website visitors to share your content with their audiences.
- Keep it Short – the longer your landing page and form, the more friction you add to the lead conversion process. Your conversion rate should be kept short and straightforward to increase your conversion rate.
- Test and test again and again – your landing page can always use more testing and improvement. Make sure that you have a tool that allows you to create and test many different landing pages to see what works best for your business.
To discuss how we can help you please get in touch
[ninja_forms id=6]* required fields